In Peru, Laureate operates two universities: Universidad Peruana de Ciencias Aplicadas (UPC), Universidad Privada del Norte (UPN), and one higher education institute: CIBERTEC. Altogether, Laureate institutions provide education opportunities to over 175,000 students across Peru.
Through its institutions, Laureate offers senior high school, vocational training and an extensive variety of undergraduate and graduate programs in different academic disciplines such as medicine, art & design, information technology & communications, culinary arts, business, engineering, law, among others.
collaborators, including faculty
- 90% of all graduates are currently employed.
- 90% of all graduates work in careers related to their field of study
- On average, UPN graduates find full-time employment in less than three months.
- There are 13 study programs individually accredited by SINEACE. Accreditation is underway for 38 other programs in four campuses.
- ISO 9001:2015 Certified (Quality Management System)
- Ranked # 2 in Peru in the research category by the SCImago Rankings.
- Ranked # 1 in Peru in the category of internationalization for five consecutive years 2014-2018 by the America Economia magazine
- Achieved a 4-star rating in the 2018 QS Stars University Ratings
- Ranked in the top three Peruvian universities in the Times Higher Education Ranking (ranked 101 in all Latin America)
- Over 26,000 hours of volunteer community service in 2018
- Institutional Accreditation by WASC
- ISO 9001:2018 Cerification of Quality
- 15 individual study programs accredited by SINEACE
- 89% of graduates are currently employed (Student Outcomes Cibertec – Laureate 2018)
- 96% of all graduates finds a job upon graduation (Student Outcomes Cibertec – Laureate 2018)
- Cibertec and Nissan Peru have implemented the first Automobile Training and Training Center in the country