Walden University has announced six new educational partnerships with hospitals and health systems nationwide serving more than 21,000 healthcare employees in Maryland, Georgia, New York, Pennsylvania, California and Texas. These alliances enable employees of these organizations to access online degree programs that focus on emerging healthcare issues.
The educational partnerships will offer employees the opportunity to pursue a bachelor's, master's or doctoral degree online at Walden. Nurses in these organizations can enroll in Walden's Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) Completion Program, Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) program or Walden's new Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) program. The DNP program, which Walden introduced in 2011, prepares advanced practice nursing professionals to take on greater leadership roles in healthcare organizations, promote a more effective and efficient healthcare system and evaluate and apply research that contributes to better patient outcomes.
The six new educational partnerships are:
- Adventist HealthCare - Adventist HealthCare, based in Rockville, Md., operates three hospitals and four healthcare facilities primarily serving the Washington, D.C., metropolitan area and northwestern New Jersey.
- Atlanta Medical Center - Atlanta Medical Center, a 460-bed acute care facility, provides primary and secondary care to residents of Atlanta as well as tertiary care to a larger geographic area with an emphasis on the southern crescent of Atlanta.
- Greater Hudson Valley Health System - The Greater Hudson Valley Health System is made up of two hospitals, Orange Regional Medical Center in Middletown, N.Y., and Catskill Regional Medical Center in Sullivan County, N.Y., and serves the residents of those communities.
- Lancaster General Health - Lancaster General Health operates three hospitals and several clinics and outpatient facilities across Lancaster County, Pa. The hospitals include Lancaster General Hospital, Lancaster Rehabilitation Hospital and Women & Babies Hospital.
- Methodist Hospital of Southern California - Methodist Hospital of Southern California is a 460-bed full-service community hospital serving Arcadia and surrounding communities.
- Valley Regional Medical Center - Valley Regional Medical Center is 214-licensed bed facility serving Brownsville, Texas, and the surrounding areas in the Rio Grande Valley.
Healthcare professionals can pursue degrees in related fields, such as public health, healthcare administration and health informatics, in addition to Walden's BSN and MSN programs, which are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE), a national accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Through Walden University's educational partnerships, organizations can help their employees excel personally and professionally. Walden offers relevant, state-of-the-art degree programs that focus on real-world challenges and inspire positive social change. For more information on Walden University, its programs and its educational partnership opportunities, visit www.WaldenU.edu/partnerships.