Universidad Peruana de Ciencias Aplicadas (UPC) announced the 10 winners of the 2013 Premio Protagonistas del Cambio, who submitted social projects that are achieving a positive impact and change in the communities where they operate.
Twenty finalists were selected from a group of more than 170 applicants from around the country. The final ten winners underwent a rigorous evaluation process and presentations to a jury before being acknowledged at an awards ceremony on Wednesday, September 18th at the UPC San Isidro Campus.
In addition to the awards ceremony, the winners participated in an intensive training program to enhance and learn a variety of skills to help them with their social ventures. As part of the prize, these young social entrepreneurs also received a prize of $ 2,000 for the operation of their projects.
The 2013 Premio Protagonistas del Cambio – UPC Fellows are:
1. Magno Ortega from Ayacucho with the project “Red de Microcines Ayacucho”
2. Aldo Alan Rojas Paredes from Cajamarca with the project “Leche fresca para todos”
3. Imaculada Quispe Mamani from Cusco with the project “Asociación de Mujeres Valicha”
4. Andrey Yuri Mata Velásquez from Huaraz with the project “La casa del Escalador”
5. Luis Alberto Vives Garnique from Chiclayo with the project “Disminuyendo la Brecha Digital”
6. Irene Hofmeijer Merkelj from Lima with the project “Life Out of Plastic”
7. Ronel Almeyda Martínez from Lima with the project “Uniendo Sonrisas”
8. Christian Jaime Verano from Lima with the project “Revista Consejos”
9. Milagros del Rosario Mosqueira Hurtado from Lima with the project “Jarabe de Clown”
10. Enith Elvira Landa Vargas from Loreto with the project “Mejorando la Calidad de Vida y el Desarrollo Integral de los Niños de Belén, Loreto – PRONILOR”