Universidad Tecnológica de Mexico (UNITEC) was recognized, for the third year in a row, as a Socially Responsible Company (ESR) by the Mexican Center for Philanthropy (CEMEFI).
To earn this recognition, UNITEC participated in a self-diagnosis process and provided more than 1,600 pieces of evidence to CEMEFI evaluators in a number of fields, including: Business Ethics, Quality of Life in the Company, Community Engagement, and Environmental Responsibility.
Such evidence is based on the actions carried out UNITEC, including:
· Code of Ethics - Each UNITEC employee completes the Code of Ethics that helps direct their actions within the institution and meet business ethics policies, such as anti-corruption.
· Community Support Program - In 2012 over 1,100 students participated in one of 40 programs, some of which have been managed by the university for more than 10 years.
· A Friend’s Voice - About 2,000 titles were donated to music libraries for the blind.
· Cobíjalos Campaign - Held in 2012 for the fourth consecutive year, this campaign gathered 16,523 blankets that were then donated to DIF.
· New degrees focused on sustainability - UNITEC opened two new degree programs: Environmental and Sustainable Engineering and Sustainable Project Management.
The 2012 ranking is still forthcoming, but in its first year, UNITEC was in 77th place and last year had moved up to number 46 of the more than 300 companies on the list of companies recognized as a ESR.
This article has been translated into English to be shared on the Laureate International Universities website.