Students and faculty from the School of Dentistry, Universidad Latina de Costa Rica Campus San Pedro, competed in several different categories of the XXVI Dental Research Congress that was held in early June 2011 at the Crown Plaza Hotel COROBICI.
In total 48 works were submitted by public, private, national and international universities. Students and faculty from Universidad Latina de Costa Rica presented five cases, each of which were in the top three of their respective categories:
- First place: What are the degree of tongue coating and the level of knowledge about this condition among those patients who receive periodontal treatment at Universidad Latina de Costa Rica? (Graduation thesis). Authors: Dr. Laura Segura and Dr. Rodolfo Hernández Pochet Goyenaga (tutor)
- Second Place: Analysis of the topical application of beta glucan in oral mucosa and healing with reduced periodontal pocket of 5-6mm (Graduation thesis). Authors: Dr. Javiera Venegas Pereira and Dr. Rodolfo Hernández Goyenaga (tutor)
Postgraduate Clinical Case Presentation (poster)
- First place: Immediate placement of dental implants to replace piece 1.2. Author: Dr. Rodolfo Hernández Goyenaga. (Professor of Periodentistry).
Postgraduate Clinical Case Presentation (oral)
- Second Place: Rich plasma in growth factors and their use in endodontic surgery. (Done in the second year of graduate endodontics). Authors: Dr. Mariela Barzun (Endodontics Faculty member) and Dr. Adrian Solis (Graduate of Postgraduate program).
- Third Place: Jacob's Disease: Osteochondroma of Coronis apophyses. Author: Dr. Gustavo Vargas (Professor of Surgery)
Universidad Latina congratulates and thanks these students and teachers that highlight the name of our institution and our international network.