The Convention was hosted by the Vice President of Laureate Hospitality Education in Latin America in Mexico City from Wednesday 27 through Saturday, July 30, 2011.
It was attended by more than 50 network leaders, including the leadership from the Glion School Certification in Latin America (23 programs in total that enroll more than 7.400 students), leaders from the Blue Mountains Certificate Program (4 campuses) and senior executives of Laureate's Hospitality, Arts and Design Division.
This was the first time the leaders of Laureate's Latin American Hospitality Management institutions have gotten together. The theme of the convention was "Building a real team spirit". The meeting agenda consisted of presentations from each school, an overview of the goals and objectives for this large and growing group over the next several years, establishing frameworks to identify and share best practices and teambuilding activities to help generate the team spirit to drive future growth and success.
The following network institutions participated in the meeting:
- Blue Mountains International Hotel Management School (Australia)
- IBMR (Rio de Janeiro, Brazil)
- Universidade Anhembi Morumbi (Sao Paulo, Brazil)
- Universidad Andrés Bello (Chile)
- Universidad Latina (Costa Rica)
- Universidad de Las Américas (Ecuador)
- Universidad del Valle de México
- UNITEC (Mexico)
- Universidad Interamericana (Panama)
- Glion Institute of Higher Education (Switzerland)
For more information on the Latin American Hospitality Management Group, please contact Pilar Urrutia, Vice President of Laureate Hospitality Education Latin America (email@example.com).