On May 20 and 21, 2016, Universidade Europeia, in Lisbon, Portugal, will host the Third International Conference on Innovation & Entrepreneurship in Marketing and Consumer Behavior (ICIEMC). The focus of the ICIEMC is on new business models and competitive advantages in the era of big data and the challenge of integrating technology and human capital.
In Oct. 2015, the Economist warned of the challenge raised by the “machines” to knowledge workers. The “ability to advance the frontiers of knowledge” is no longer an exclusive privilege of highly paid professionals, they argued. In this scenario, where technology is global and increasingly more ubiquitous, where the Internet allows completely new opportunities possibilities, the question is: how should companies adapt their business models to integrate technological development while valuing human capital? This is the specific challenge that will be addressed at the 2016 conference, and perspectives are sought from multidisciplinary fields.
The following regular tracks will be open for paper submission:
- Marketing Communications, Social Media, Public Relations, Advertising & Promotion
- International and Cross-Cultural Marketing, Marketing in Emerging and Transition Economies
- Consumer Behavior
- Entrepreneurship & Small Business Marketing
- Marketing in Specific Industries (e.g. sports, tourism, public and NGO’s)
- Sustainable Marketing, Social Responsibility, Ethics and Consumer Protection
- Relationship Marketing, Customer Experience Management, Sensory & Experiential Marketing
- Marketing Strategy, Brand, Identity and Corporate Reputation
- Value Creation & Services Marketing
- Teaching & Learning in Marketing
There are also special tracks on: Consumer Behavior, Leadership and Motivation, Technologies, Marketing, Communication, Innovation and Entrepreneurship, Ethics in Business and Marketing, Psychology in Business and Marketing, Law and Management, Territorial and City Marketing, Luxury Marketing, and Workplace Innovation
Publication opportunities will be available for best conference papers, and best papers awards will be given to Junior Researcher category and Senior Researcher category. Best Thesis Awards will be granted, too.
Dates & Deadlines
- Abstract submission (max 250 words): January 25, 2016
- Abstract acceptance notification: February 7, 2016
- Paper submission (full paper or development paper): March 15, 2016
Abstracts must be sent by email to email@example.com, and should include title, name of authors, authors’ contact information, and the track (Regular or Special). Abstracts can be a maximum of 250 words and must follow the guidelines on the ICIEMC website (iciemc.pt). All abstracts received by the deadline will be sent a confirmation email. Authors that did not receive the confirmation in 3 days after the abstract has been submitted should contact organization. The selection committee is composed of professionals from three different continents. All full papers will be double-blind reviewed.
Abstracts and papers will be accepted in English, Portuguese and Spanish. Presentations at the conference will be in English or Portuguese/Spanish if requested. However, non-English presentations will be held in Special Parallel Sessions, duly identified as such.