Laureate Education and The Atlantic Host Social Impact Forum
On December 7, The Atlantic and Laureate gathered business, education, and government leaders at the Newseum in Washington, DC to look into the future of the social impact business model and how companies are incorporating social impact into their business structure and bottom line.
The Social Impact Forum included the following sessions:
- “The View from Congress” featuring Jared Polis (D-CO) with Steve Clemons, Washington Editor at Large, The Atlantic
- “Beyond Responsibility” featuring Sonal Shah, Director of the Beeck Center for Social Impact & Innovation, Georgetown University, Sheila Herrling, Senior Vice President of Social Innovation, Case Foundation, Elizabeth Ramirez, Director, Arabella Advisors
Anna Walker, Senior Director, Global Policy and Advocacy, Levi Strauss & Co., with Gillian White, Senior Associate Editor, The Atlantic
- “Building Creative Economies” featuring Laura Callanan, Founding Partner, Upstart Co-Lab, Mary Stuart Masterson, Co-Founder, Stockade Works and Studios, with Rebecca Rosen, Senior Editor, The Atlantic
- The “B Corp Movement” featuring Jay Coen Gilbert, Co-Founder, B Lab, with Gillian White, The Atlantic
- “Certifying Environmental Impact” featuring Mahesh Ramanujam, President & CEO, U.S. Green Building Council, Nneka Leiba, Director of Healthy Living Science, Environmental Working Group, with Steve Clemons, The Atlantic
In addition to the hosted discussions, Laureate Education Inc.’s Founder, Chairman & CEO, Doug Becker, took the stage for a special session with Cheryl L. Dorsey, President of Echoing Green to discuss Laureate’s journey as a public benefit corporation and Certified B Corporation.
Click here to view a recording of the Social Impact Forum speaker series.