On December 7, 2017, The Atlantic and Laureate Education, Inc. is gathering top business, education, and government leaders together at the Newseum in the nation’s Capitol to discuss the future of the social impact business model and how companies are incorporating social impact into their bottom line.
In addition to the hosted discussions, Laureate Education Inc.’s Founder, Chairman & CEO, Doug Becker, will take the stage for a special session with Cheryl L. Dorsey, President of Echoing Green.
Social Impact Forum event sessions include:
- “The View from Congress” featuring Rep. Jared Polis (D-CO) with Steve Clemons, Washington Editor at Large, The Atlantic
- “Beyond Responsibility” featuring Sonal Shah, Director of the Beeck Center for Social Impact & Innovation, Georgetown University, Sheila Herrling, Senior Vice President of Social Innovation, Case Foundation, Elizabeth Ramirez, Director, Arabella Advisors
Anna Walker, Senior Director, Global Policy and Advocacy, Levi Strauss & Co., with Gillian White, Senior Associate Editor, The Atlantic
- “Building Creative Economies” featuring Laura Callanan, Founding Partner, Upstart Co-Lab, Mary Stuart Masterson, Co-Founder, Stockade Works and Studios, with Rebecca Rosen, Senior Editor, The Atlantic
- The “B Corp Movement” featuring Jay Coen Gilbert, Co-Founder, B Lab, with Gillian White, The Atlantic
- “Certifying Environmental Impact” featuring Mahesh Ramanujam, President & CEO, U.S. Green Building Council, Nneka Leiba, Director of Healthy Living Science, Environmental Working Group, with Steve Clemons, The Atlantic
Follow Laureate Education on Facebook, , and LinkedIn for live updates from the Social Impact Forum.