Universidade Salvador (UNIFACS) was founded in 1972 and joined the Laureate International Universities network in 2010. UNIFACS is in Salvador, the capital of the state of Bahía and the third-largest city in Brazil.
UNIFACS is one of the top private postsecondary institutions in Salvador and one of the largest universities in Bahia. More than 29,000 students are enrolled in undergraduate and graduate programs at UNIFACS. The university has campuses in Salvador and Feira de Santana and distance education centers in Bahia, Ceará, Paraná, Paraíba and Pernambuco.
Visit the university’s website at www.unifacs.br.
Follow UNIFACS on Facebook and Twitter.
Find out more about UNIFACS in Explore Laureate.
UNIFACS offers a wide variety of undergraduate and graduate programs, including:
- Technological undergraduate: Beauty therapy, computer networks, culinary arts, environmental management, event management, fashion design, interior design, Internet systems (creating and developing websites), logistics management and management
- Undergraduate: Accounting, advertising, architecture, business administration, chemical engineering, civil engineering, communication and marketing, computer engineering, computer science, design, economics, electrical engineering, environmental engineering, information systems, law, mechanical engineering, nursing, nutrition, physiotherapy, production engineering, psychology and public relations
- Graduate (Major): Options include architecture, design, engineering, health sciences, language, law and management
- Graduate (MBA): Specializations include branding, communications, construction, finance, information systems, international business, marketing and project management
- Graduate (Official Master’s): MBA, regional and urban development, systems and computer science, energy
- Graduate (Doctoral): Regional and urban development, computer science, chemical engineering
UNIFACS is accredited by the Brazilian Ministry of Education.
UNIFACS focuses on improving living conditions in the community through law and psychology clinics, community health programs and environmental consciousness programs.
Universidade Salvador’s academic programs are widely recognized as being among the best in the state and the country. The Ministry of Education has recognized UNIFACS as the best private university in the state of Bahía and the best private university in the northeastern and northern regions of Brazil.