In 2012, Douglas Becker created the Todd Benson Scholarship for Leadership in Business and Management.
The scholarship program is named in honor of Todd Benson in recognition of his outstanding contributions to Laureate. Mr. Benson served as member of the Laureate board of directors from July 2007 to December 2010. During that time, Mr. Benson contributed greatly to the growth, expansion, and success of Laureate Education, Inc.
The scholarship is awarded by nine Laureate network institutions and rewards extraordinary individuals whose accomplishments demonstrate their potential to excel as business leaders. The 2014 class of Benson Scholars includes:
- Istanbul Bilgi University – Nathalie Barki
- Hunan International Economics University – Sun Zhuo
- BiTS / BTK – Yvonne de Passy
- Universidad del Valle de México – Mario Alberto Cortes
- Universidad Privada del Norte – Claudia Victoria Dávila Rojas
- Universidad Tecnológica Centroamericana – Blanca Olivia Cálix Medina
- Universidade Salvador – Fernanda Oliveira
- Université Internationale de Casablanca – Soukaina El Bouzaydy
- Walden University – Patrick Cleary
Mr. Benson attended the Laureate Leadership Summit and personally welcomed the second class of Benson Scholars to the Laureate network.