The University of Liverpool is a member of the UK’s research-led Russell Group and is in the top 1 percent of universities worldwide. Its 100 percent-online programs – backed by worldwide accreditation (such as AACSB for management degrees, and BCS, The Chartered Institute for IT, for information technology degrees) – offer a highly collaborative and engaging experience for ambitious professionals, building their global knowledge, network and skills for increased professional impact.
The university was founded in 1881 and authorized in 1903 by Royal Charter to award degrees. Its quality and standards are regularly monitored by the UK’s Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education (QAA). Today, the university is at the forefront of global online higher education, offering a suite of fully online graduate degree programs delivered by Laureate Online Education.
Graduates of online programs receive a recognized University of Liverpool degree with the same validity and credibility as the equivalent degree awarded to graduates who have studied on campus. Online students can choose to receive their degree certificate at the official ceremony in Liverpool, graduating alongside other successful online or on-campus students.
For information about the university’s online degrees, visit www.university-liverpool-online.com
Follow the University of Liverpool's online programs on Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn, or join the university’s online community.
Find out more about the University of Liverpool in Explore Laureate.
The University of Liverpool offers a broad range of fully online graduate degree programs (postgraduate certificates, masters and doctoral) in management, education, health, psychology, law and information technology. Each one is designed to help students advance professionally.
Many programs have industry accreditation. All online management programs – including the Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) and Master of Business Administration (MBA) – are covered by the University of Liverpool Management School’s AACSB accreditation. The online MSc in Operations and Supply Chain Management also has CIPS accreditation. The online masters programs in IT include the world’s first masters with BCS accreditation.
Programs are suitable both for professionals who want to gain general management knowledge and those who want to specialize. An oil and gas specialization is available for the masters programs in management, operations and supply chain management and project management. The information technology suite includes masters and graduate certificates in software engineering, web sciences and big data, and in computer and information security. The online Doctor of Education program focuses on higher education in a global context.
Read more at University of Liverpool online degrees.
The University of Liverpool is a U.K. leader in widening participation in higher education, inspiring people from all backgrounds to fulfill their potential.
The university was founded on the ethos of “advancement of learning and ennoblement of life.” Its objective, laid down by Royal Charter, is “to advance education, learning and research for the public benefit”. The university does this through its teaching on campus and online, as well as through its extensive research on issues of global importance – from solar-power improvements to microfinance policies and the development of new drugs to combat diseases.
University of Liverpool online masters and doctoral students continue this research tradition. Their subjects of investigation range from anti-malaria public health interventions to corporate social responsibility initiatives and palliative care for child patients. Many students use their research findings to increase their positive impact in their daily work in the private, public and NGO sectors worldwide.
Among the online graduates recognized for their contribution in the area of social responsibility are MBA graduate Nigel Majakari, who was featured in the 2015 Laureate Global Impact Report, and Master of Public Health student Ambreen Haq, who was featured in the 2014 Laureate Global Corporate Social Responsibility Report.
The University of Liverpool is a member of the UK’s elite Russell Group of 24 research-led universities and is ranked in the top 1 percent of higher education institutions worldwide.*
- The university ranks consistently in the top 150–200 of the main world university rankings:
- Times Higher Education’s World Rankings 2014–2015: 157th, up 12 places from 2013–2014
- QS World University Rankings® 2014–15: 123rd, up seven places from 2013–2014
- Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU): in the top 150
- Nine Nobel Laureates have been associated with the university
- In the most recent 2014 Research Excellence Framework (REF) assessment, 81 percent of the university’s research was rated as world-leading or internationally excellent
- The University of Liverpool Management School is one of only 5 percent of business schools worldwide with accreditation from the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB)
- The University’s online masters degree programs include the world’s first fully online program to be accredited by BCS, The Chartered Institute for IT
- The university’s online MSc in Operations and Supply Chain Management is the first fully online program to be accredited by the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS)
- The university has been reviewed and approved as a provider of project-management training by the Project Management Institute (PMI)
*As listed in the International Handbook of Universities (IHU) (2014).