The BTK group is composed of BTK University of Applied Sciences, the HTK Academy of Design (Hamburger Technische Kunstschule) and the BTK Academy of Design (Berliner Technische Kunstschule).
- HTK Academy of Design (Hamburger Technische Kunstschule) was founded in 1987 in Hamburg.
- BTK Academy of Design (Berliner Technische Kunstschule) opened its doors in Berlin, Germany's capital city, thirteen years later in 2000.
- BTK and HTK are recognized by the respective Senate authorities as technical schools for the education of graphic designers.
- BTK University of Applied Sciences was founded in Berlin in 2006, based on the existing private Academy of Design Berliner Technische Kunstschule and has been a fully state-recognized institution since 2006. In 2009, it became one of the first private institutions to be accredited by the Science Council in Berlin.
For more information on BTK University of Applied Sciences, please visit their website: www.btk-fh.de.
For more information on HTK Academy of Design, please visit their website: www.htk-hamburg.de.
For more information and the BTK Academy of Design, please visit their website: www.btk-ak.de.
BTK University of Applied Sciences currently offers six state-accredited Bachelor programs:
- Motion Design (B.A.)
- Interaction Design (B.A.)
- Photography (B.A.)
- Communication Design (B.A.)
- Illustration (B.A.)
- Communication Management (B.A.)
All study programs at the Academies of Design consist of three semesters of basic studies in Graphic Design, followed by another three semesters of study in one of the specializations offered (Editorial, Advertising, Multimedia or Illustration). This enables students to deepen their knowledge in their area of interest.