Founded in 2003, the University of Petroleum and Energy Studies (UPES) has become the leading institution for over 9000 students pursuing energy, infrastructure, transportation and information technology programs at the undergraduate and postgraduate degree level. This includes programs in business, law, engineering and design.
Visit www.upes.ac.in for more information
Find UPES on Facebook.
The University of Petroleum and Energy Studies (UPES) delivers undergraduate and graduate degree programs through its three colleges:
- The College of Engineering Studies
- The College of Management and Economic Studies
- The College of Legal Studies
UPES offers more than 87 undergraduate and postgraduate programs in the following core domain areas:
- Energy: Oil and gas, power, nuclear science, renewables
- Infrastructure: Management and engineering, logistics and supply chain
- Transportation: Aviation, port and shipping, automotive, infrastructure
- Information Technology: Information systems, computer science engineering (IBM has collaborated with UPES for the B.Tech. computer science and engineering programs)
Over the years, UPES has received many awards and distinctions, including:
- Best Innovative University Award by the Minister of Human Resource Development in 2013
- Recipient of the SAP ACE Award 2012 by SAP AG for Excellence in Higher Education and Research
- Recipient of the Outstanding Petroleum University award at the World Oil Awards, 2012, Houston, Texas
- NASA Systems Engineering Award for launching a nanosatellite named UPESSAT.
- The first GRIHA-rated university campus in India (National Green Building Rating: four stars)